List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: I am ready to merge the last changes needed by kdelibs 3.1
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2003-02-19 15:02:34

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 15:37, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 08:36 AM, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > Problem reports and patches are welcome, currently I only tested
> > konq-e on a
> > desktop system. The add-ons developed for kdenox on the stable branch
> > are
> > present in the head also, but have not been tested yet, apart from the
> > flash
> > part, which seems to work well.
>
> Just an FYI, I've managed to get konq-e to build on MacOSX with Qt/Mac,
> but it has some problems running.  I'm OK with getting things running,
> but I'm not much of a coder.  If anyone is interested in picking up
> what I've got, or is willing to sit down with me in a debugging
> session, I'd appreciate it.  I pretty much did it just for the heck of
> it, but hey, it would be cool to at least get things running on OSX for
> giggles...
>
> There are focus issues which I can only assume are because I'm not
> setting up the windows properly for Qt/Mac -- the mainwindow_mac.cc is
> basically just an empty subclass of _x11.
>
> On startup, I'm getting:
>
> QObject::connect: No such signal KCookieServer::windowUnregistered(long)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
> QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
>          KAction::activated() --> BrowserView::toggleStatusBar(bool)
> QMetaObject::findSignal:BrowserView: Conflict with
> QMetaObject::findSignal:BrowserView: Conflict with
>

> ...which I can't imagine is good.  ;)

Yes, there are still some problems with the plumbings...
The KCookieServer::windowUnregistered is fixed in my local tree,
I'll commit it in a short while. I'm looking at the other problems
just now. Do you manage to browse the nete on your setup,
apart from that?

I've found out that currently the preferences dialog does not appear anymore
(it worked with kdelibs 3.0, if I remember correctly), and the history arrows
do not work.

Let me know how things work for you,

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro// My public GPG key can be  /"\ ASCII RIBBON
               \X/ found at wwwkeys.pgp.net   \ /   CAMPAIGN