List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: StarWriter filter - What is a moc file?
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-19 17:13:36

Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

> I have one question about "moc files". In the instructions for newbies at
> http://www.koffice.org/filters/index.phtml#toc53 it says in step 3:
>
> <<<Don't forget that you have to include or link the moc file - otherwise the
> filter won't work! (the classname is needed during "incarnation," and all
> this information is stored in those nifty little moc files)>>>
>
> So, I put a directive: #include <starwriterimport.moc>
>
> But the moc file does not exist ofcourse. A search for *.moc revealed some
> moc files in the Qt source tree and their first lines say that they are
> auto-generated by some tool. I suppose others will show up as my compile
> proceeds to other directories. But is there some configuration file I must
> alter in order to have a moc file generated for my filter?

The nifty KDE build system does all that (and much more) for you
automatically. Simply add the new .cpp file to your Makefile.am and
run make. Then some script (am_edit) will run and check which
moc files are needed. If you add a #include <foo.moc> to your .cpp
without editing Makefile.am (read: changing the timestamp) you'll
have to tell the build system that it has to check moc dependencies.
(run 'make force-reedit' to get that)

--
Werner Trobin - trobin@kde.org