List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Color separation ?
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-12-27 4:32:55

On Tuesday 26 December 2000 09:46 am, Lenny wrote:
> Merry kmas to you all,
>
> does anyone know more about patent issues concerning color separation ?
> I think it's about Pantone (tm) and CMYK, but i cant find anything.
> Does this affect Krayon, KIllu and if how ?
> --
> ~lenny();

I didn't know there is a patent problem.  Krayon does have some CMYK code
already in it (to translate back and forth between other color modes and
adjust channels, etc), and will have a floating dialog for CMYK.

I don't see how anyone can patent a color system which is basically so
simple.  Check the krayon module in koffice.
koffice/kimageshop/core/kis_color.cc and kis_color.h.  It all claims to be
GPL.

John