List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library reorganization conclusion
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-30 11:48:16

On Sunday 29. November 2009 09.49.40 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Does this also mean moving non-widget code from the libs/widgets/
> directory?   For instance the KoPageLayout class is in there and possibly
> more non-widget classes.

In the end we'd end up with
* KoOdf (combination of KoStore, KoOdf and KoBase)
* Flake
* Pigment
* KoText
* KoMain
* KoWidget

I think in the process of bouds first point
> * for every library, write a toplevel apidox file that explains the
>  rationale, the purpose and the raison d'etre of that library.
we'll end up renaming some of them. I think the KoMain and the KoWidget libs
are good candidates for that.
I think it doesn't make much sense to have the 'widgets' lib become something
that forbids non-widgets to be included. I'm very happy we managed to make the
list of libs considerably shorter already (good for speed!), and such a rule
would likely push out useful classes into a new lib.

--
Thomas Zander