List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice mission statement etc.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-03 8:23:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 1. September 2009 09.02.55 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 30. August 2009 10.08.28 Andrew Dorrell wrote:
> > I've been snooping the existing documentation on koffice recently and
> > have not found anything that really motivates koffice development.
>
> I like the short and sweet, its impossible to do anything else for
> something as huge as KOffice.

I'm thinking this was a good idea, but we didn't get to a conclusion on
which fits us best. People focused on what was incorrect in various so I am
wondering if we can pick one that people don't object to :)

The mission statement is a useful thing to help give some direction and let
the world show we have a direction for our suite. Its useful to point to
when someone asks if we are just here to destroy Microsoft or other silly
questions. And last, its useful for us. Ideally we all agree on the
direction we are walking in since if everyone is walking in the same
direction we get there much faster. This also shows it should not be too
detailed ;)

| "The KOffice team aims to provide a powerful and extensible set of office
| and creativity components that are easy to use and that values open
| document standards."

How does the above one sound to people?

As a reminder; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_statement
--