List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kopageapp
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-18 7:56:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 17. September 2009 21.44.41 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> I tried to explain why I don't like this way. The application needs
> special code for this kind of shape.
>
> I have read your objections but don't agree on them. I will go on and
> commit the patch to fix the bug.

And you did...

I'm a bit disappointed that we now have to ways of doing the same thing in
public API. The reasons given are not very satisfying and change every day.

We have some hacks in both kotext and textshape, modules which I'm still
feeling responsible for, and we have some people that are disappointed.

Does it always have to go this way when you think what flake or kotext ships
is somehow wrong?
We had a long discussions about how to use flake for the picture shape, now
again for this. In the past we saw the addition of the
KoShapeManager::addAdditional() which only kpresenter uses. Because
kpresenter doesn't think it can use the flake layers for master pages.

This is not useful, guys. We can't just ignore each others code and run in
different directions if we want KOffice to become fast and easy to maintain.

Anyone have a suggestion for going forward?
--
Thomas Zander