List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Guides Insertor Docker
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-15 19:48:11

Jan,

Good to hear from you, since you were the one I was more eager to hear its
opinion, as you were the one that created the GuidesTool.

> I think it is a good idea. Is this docker part of the guides tool (i.e. a
> tooldocker) or is it a separate docker?
It is a separate docker but yet part of the GuidesTool.

> > Carlos
> >
> > [1] http://imagebin.ca/view/60jnhU.html
> >
> > PS: the three options that are marked as ? in the docker are: "Delete
> >  previous guides", "Add guides to the vertical margins" and "Add guides
> > to the horizontal margins".
>
> I think these tooltips are not as clear as they could be. What are previous
> guides? All the existing guides or all of these that where inserted at the
> last click on the create button?
It clears all the existing guides... clearing only the guides inserted by the
docker would need some ugly patches. I might change the string if you wish.

> And margins should be probably called page margins to be extra clear.
That's, of course, easily changed =).

Another improvement I was thinking is that perhaps we could even extend the
concept a bit more and allow the guides to be different colored, that way you
could have, say, 1/4s of a page in red and 1/3s in blue. That would require
more work though and can be postponed.

Wanna have a look? I might send you the patch and files if you wish to.

Carlos