List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC 2009 proposal, looking for mentor
From:       "LukasT.dev () gmail ! com" <lukast ! dev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-26 18:25:36

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 11:17:11 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2009, LukasT.dev@gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm also looking for mentor. I talked with boud and Cyrille and they both
> > seems to not to mentor this year. So who is going to mentor for KOffice?
>
> I'm still not completely decided, but I would like to have a bit of a
> breather this year, esp. since last year I took two students. But: we
> really need mentors to step up! (Also for other apps.)

Mentor anybody? Or do you still considering?

Just in case timeline:
http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html#0_1_timeline_5354032302481437_

> > 1. 3D model of brush
> Yeah, this would be nice. Though finishing the painterly framework with
> features like wetness etc. is important, too.

I will arrange the proposal and do it that way that Emanuelle's work will be
included into the GSoC work. I think that it is important too.

So I decided to focus on 3D brush as 1st proposal.
Diffusional Curves in Krita as 2nd proposal.

>I'd like to put in a vote for the diffusion curves.  That stuff is very
>cool and looks very powerful for content creation.  Also it is nice and
>modular (self contained project).  But I would contact the authors first
>to clarrify their position WRT intellectual property.  I.e. Have they,
>or are they planning to patent this work and how will they view a GPLv3
>release of their work.
I already mailed long time ago with one of the authors of curves and the
author showed some joy over the fact, that somebody wants to implement in
open-source project. No problems with patent I think.

Cheers
Lukas