List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Toolbox
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-01-27 23:18:52

Hello,

I think the toolbox needs a little bit of love, and some adjustement,
especially for the integration in Krita.

Here are the problems I have noticed :
 - "koffice default" tools appears at the top of the toolbar, while it might
be ok for most application, for Krita they should appears bellow Krita tools
(and it might also be better if they only appears when a "shape" layer is
selected)
 - I also think that spliting into a few categories would be a good idea,
like "navigation" for zoom and pan, "vectors shape" for "create
path", "freehand", "pattern" and "gradient"
 - Krita tools are disappearing when selecting a "shape" layer, after
discussing with a few users, it appears that most of them are confused by
this. Some of those tools need just to be disabled (paint tool mostly), some
are still valid (grid tools, color picker)

I don't know if other applications have other problems as well ?

--
Cyrille Berger