List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fonts in KFormula
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2006-07-23 21:02:12

El Miércoles, 19 de Julio de 2006 10:45, Alfredo Beaumont escribió:
> Doing some tests from MathML testsuite I've found that current TeX fonts
> (apart from the rest of their problems) don't behave well with big sizes,
> and they're overall not very good-looking. I have been doing some research,
> and I have found what I consider a much better alternative: Arev fonts
> http://tavmjong.free.fr/FONTS/

Do you know why only the Cyrillic glyphs have been merged with DejaVu? Since
the DejaVu project aims to provide all glyphs, and its a popular font, a nice
mid/long term solution will be depending on it when it contains all the
glyphs, isn't it?

I did a quick search, and they say that DejaVu Sans covers 89% of the math
page:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/dejavu/trunk/dejavu-fonts/unicover.txt

So I did an informal test with kcharselect, and DejaVu Sans is second font in
my system which most glyphs at this page contains; only Lucida contains more
(and is non-free, from the Sun JVM). The only glyphs I would really miss in
this font from the Unicode 2200-22FF range, are the contour/surface/volume
integral. The other missing symbols, are not that common IMHO.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net