List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice talks at FOSDEM
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-01 21:41:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 22:01, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> ok.... since that deadline is not far of - and I'm still screwed up with
> exams - I just want to send a short list of what I think would be fine as
> KOffice talks:
>
> * The proposed talk from Sander about the UI is certainly a good thing, so
> please think of a catchy title, like "The KOffice user interface" or sth
> better. The title is the only thing we need for the fosdem people.
>
> * The Krita talk proposed by Bart is certainly fine, too. Please also think
> of a title, like.... uhm... let me think... "Krita 1.5" ?? ;)
>
> * I'll do a talk about KOffice in business environments.
>
> * I'll do another talk on an outlook on the KOffice future (highlights of
> 1.5, the upcoming move to 2.0, ...)

Please send me abstracts and interesting information about that, so I can put
it up on the website:

> Sebas just contacted me on IRC and he also wants abstracts :/ so well,
> Sander and Bart, please also think about abstracts for your talks.

Here's a preliminary schedule for FOSDEM, Sunday will be KOffice day in that
schedule.

Saturday Feb 25th 2006
-----------------------
* 14.00 Kubuntu
	by Jonathan Riddell
		Kubuntu is the fastest growing KDE-based distribution currently.

* 15.00 OpenDevRoom
	see [OD]

* 16.00 Marketing KDE
	by Sebastian Kuegler
		The talk will one the one hand deal with Guerilla Marketing and outlines a
strategic approach to marketing Open Source software.

Sunday Feb 26th 2006: KOffice day
----------------------------------
* 10.00 OpenDevRoom [OD]
	see [OD]

* 11.00 KOffice in enterprise environments
	by Raphael Langerhorst

* 12.00 OpenDevRoom
	see [OD]

* 14.00 Krita: Painting your Dreams
	by  Bart Coppens
		Krita is the emerging KDE image manipulation application that has gotten a
lot of love and evolves into a full-fledged professional imaging application.
In this talk Bart will highlight some of the new features present in Krita
1.5 and demonstrate some of its design ideas.

* 15.00 Open DevRoom
	see [OD]

[OD]
	- Meet KDE developers
	- Open discussion
	- Happy hacking
	- Merchandising sale
	- Get on a photo with Konqi
	- Quickies are short talks of 15 minutes about a specific subject, a detailed
schedule with all quickies will be available at FOSDEM and on the website.

Please let me know the following:
	- Does it clash with other related talks
	- Suggestions

Please remember that we have little time left, so I'll send it in tomorrow
night, UTC-1.

Cheers,
--
sebas