List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Namespaces and class name prefix (???) (was: Re: koffice/kplato)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-23 8:46:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 08:59, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > Most KOffice apps don't have many libraries, and the ones that do
> > (kexi and krita) already have namespaces.
>
> Well, the apps *are* libraries.

True; I think the idea of namespaces becomes more clear and has more
advantages when there are more namespaces then one.
So, my point is that if an app has just one namespace then I don't see the
advantage.

> My concern was if deviating from the koffice classname=filename rule
> would cause too much distress. It seems not, so I say we go with no
> classname prefix and keep the kpt fileprefix as is.

Well, thats up to you; I think its strange and we did a rename in KWord
not to long ago.  But you are the one working most in these files.

--
Thomas Zander