List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Kexi & Knoda: proposed solution for SQLite mime type conflict
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-04-30 23:04:21

Hello Horst,

I'd like to propose a fix for conflicting sqlite 2/3 magic definitions:

1. We've both defined magic files but both and users (using installing both
apps) reported that one hides another. My proposal is to change mime type
declared there so we can use the same mime type, like:

application/x-sqlite2 and application/x-sqlite3

magic file could look like this:

0	string		**\ This\ file\ contains\ an\ SQLite	application/x-sqlite2
0	string		SQLite\ format\ 3	application/x-sqlite3

It doesn't matter when we both instal;ing that (me with name kexi.magic, you
with name hk_classes.magic, because after above fix, these two lines will
define the same). I've performed this fix within Kexi.

2. After doing above fix, all you need to do in your own code is to map

application/x-sqlite2 to application/x-hk_classes-sqlite2
application/x-sqlite3 to application/x-hk_classes-sqlite3

by a simple comparison, while I will map:

application/x-sqlite2 to application/x-kexiproject-sqlite2
application/x-sqlite2 to application/x-kexiproject-sqlite3

3. Such a mapping can be hardcoded. However to avoid this I've defined
following property:

[PropertyDef::X-Kexi-FileDBDriverMimeList]
Type=QStringList

and then, e.g. for my  sqlite3 driver's service file (note
application/x-hk_classes-sqlite3 added by me to keep compatibility with older
Knoda installations):

X-Kexi-FileDBDriverMimeList=application/x-kexiproject-sqlite3,application/x-kexiproject-sqlite3,application/x-hk_classes-sqlite3

4. I hope this is also a solution for other apps using SQLite format.

OK?

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team