List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kugar? (was: Re: Announcement / changelog)
From:       Alexander Dymo <adymo () mksat ! net>
Date:       2005-04-27 22:13:40

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 22:12, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> What about Kugar?
> Anyone knows anything about it?
Yeah, I know ;) I changed nothing there for 1.4. I was (and still is) busy
with other projects.

> PS: remember the article about using KSpread and KWord to generate
> reports from databases... ? I was actually surprised that there
> wasn't even a word mentioned about Kugar... (ok, different topic,
> different thread)
Kugar is mostly of interest for application developers rather than for
office users. Therefore it doesn't get much attention.
However, generating reports from database is clearly possible with Kugar.

> PPS: I mention this because we might need to think about what to do
> with Kugar (I don't know, neither looked at the source code nor used
> it so far).
I'm still using it for my inhouse projects. I made some changes to the code
including lots of fixes, much improved report designer using my property
editing library and rtf file generation backend. Most changes were made
for qt-only version of both viewer and designer though and I never
found time to integrate those. Most likely I will do after the release.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine