List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: About to package 1.4-beta1
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-24 1:16:42

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 15:34, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:47 am, David Faure wrote:
> > according to
> > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.4-release-plan.html
> > it's time for me to tag and prepare the beta1 tarball today.
> >
> > Is anyone working on last minute stuff? Do tell if that's the case,
> > otherwise I'll go ahead soon.
>
> David, please consider adding
> kofficetests/documents/import/mswrite/filtertest.wri to your tests before
> every KWord release.  This file tends to get rendered differently a few
> months before each KOffice release and has caught some KWord regressions and
> changes in the past.
KWord's own test docs are better made in .kwd format though, since differences
could come from the .wri importer :)

> I don't know if these bugs still apply (as the last time I had time to build
> KWord was 1/2 year ago), but if you compare CVS against 1.3 or 1.2:
>
> 1. The spacing has changed so there are now more pages (435-441 instead of 435-439)
Difficult to debug, could come from fonts etc....

> 2. Some text and images are rendered below frames (see attached pic - I've
> highlighted the errors in red)
Yep, I can see that the inline image is misplaced when first opening the document,
and that inserting a paragraph somewhere before it makes it be re-placed correctly.
But when I tried to make a simpler .kwd testcase of the bug, I couldn't reproduce it.
Hmm probably because the .kwd includes the absolute position of the frame.
So I would need a simpler .wri file showing the bug, it's hard to find my way in
the formatter's debug output if there are so many pages and paragraphs.