List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kpresenter new dialog for page effects
From:       Brad Hards <bhards () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2004-07-06 21:00:14

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:47 am, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have attached a screenshot for a redone page effect dialog. I like to
> hear your opinion before I go and implement it.
I think the current one does need some work. This looks OK, but see below for
more :-)

> Should the dialog should be named Page Effect or should we stick to Slide
> Transition as it is now?
We need to do both. Page effects should cover the way individual elements on a
slide appear / disappear, and slide transition should cover getting from one
slide to the next.

The Sound Effect checkbox is presumably associated with the file name selector
below it - they might benefit from a GroupBox.

Maybe some more space between the  Speed ComboBox, and the sound effects, and
between the sound effects and the auto-advance option.

Do we really need the automatic preview checkbox and Preview pushbutton? It is
a bit confusing because they are settings for the dialog, and the others are
settings for the slide.

> Is it possible with designer to use a KDialogBase as a base class of a
> dialog?
Presumably. What is the issue?

Brad