List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord to OOWriter filter (also call for developers)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-01-29 20:19:53

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 08:13, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2004 10:36, David Faure wrote:
> > [...]
> > Do you want to do the same kind of work with the OOImpress<->KPresenter
> > converters? Or maybe OOCalc<->KSpread?
> > (I believe the former is easier since so much is in common with the
> > OOWriter<->KWord filters).
>
> I'll have a look at both and then see which one I will work on. For
> timeline: I *might* have more time after 10th of February or so. I think I
> will also work on KSpread a bit in general - bug fixes, small improvements,

Good thanks.

> > BTW it is very possible that kotext will *completely* change once
> > Qt4 is out - or once KPainter is ready, whichever road we take, so I
> > don't see any purpose in documenting that part.
>
> Do you know when QT4 will be out?

The rough plan seems to be that Beta are available in Summer 2004. The problem
is also to know when KDE 4 will start. Then we will have to see when KOffice
will start to use Qt4/KDE4.

In any case, the next KOffice release (whatever it would be called 1.4 or 2.0)
will be on Qt4/KDE4.

Have a nice day!