List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: How to add fonts to Koffice
From:       Marko Samastur <markos () elite ! org>
Date:       2001-02-04 3:35:18

On sobota  3. februar 2001 11:56, xvudpapc wrote:

> I installed KDE 2.0.1 stable on RedHat 7.0 and I can't use the
> international keyboard layout (Czechoslovakian) anymore (neither one
> works). I spent the whole week on it and applied all possibilities
> and I'm hopeless. You removed the kikbd utility and say that now
> XFree86 handles the internationalization, but Xmodmap solution does
> not work, although it worked on KDE 1.x.x.

Yes, and it's also obsolete and might be removed in the future versions
of XFree86. It was replaced by xkb mechanism, which isn't really new
either.

KDE 2.0 uses xkb.

> My XF86Config is not modified (it's for US keyboard), but GNOME has
> no problems with Xmodmap keyboard definitions (with unmodified
> XF86Config file). Do you want users to use GNOME?

No. I'd say from developers point of view this is XFree86 issue (is
slovak keyboard supported under it?) and not KDE issue.

If slovak keyboard doesn't exist yet, it should be created and submited
as patch to XFree86 developers. It's not that hard to do, but if it
gives you problems, than please email me.

Note: I might need a day or two for reply, because I recently had to
start doing my civil service so my free time is now in very limited
supply.

> I'm using standard ISO8859-2 fonts from RedHat 7.0 and I obviously
> changed the charset. How can I add fonts to Koffice?

Fonts are fine. I use RH 6.2 with proper fix for slovenian keyboard and
it works just fine. I doubt that fonts were changed between releases.

Btw, as far as I know, there was intention to update kikbd to 2.x
release, but I have no idea how far they came with it.

Kind regards,

	Marko

P.S: This is something that probably belongs to kde-user.