List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: New updated webprototype (koffice-filters)
From:       Enno Bartels <ebartels () nwn ! de>
Date:       2000-12-28 12:33:30

Hi

Richard Bos wrote:

> Would it be good to have a status file about filters in cvs

Yes

> (koffice/filters/status with subdirs for each app)?

I think the status file should be in: some examples
koffice/filters/kword/latex/status.html
koffice/filters/kword/docbook/status.html
koffice/filters/kspead/ascii/status.html
and so on.
So the actuall developer has to and can easy add new status informations
in this status file. And it should be an html file because we can easyly use it
on the koffice webpage through CVS.

I think the link has to look like that.
HREF="http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/koffice/filters/kword/latex/status.html?content-type=text/html"

working example with some file
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/koffice/doc/koffice-search.html?content-type=text/html

> The status for each filter good be stored in these files.  So e.g. store what
> the result is of an MS powerpoint 97 filter study, is it difficult, what
> could be the approach for such a filter, is it possible to use the openoffice
> code (if not why not) etc ,etc.  By having it in cvs it is accesible by
> everyone, and is is not too difficult to update.

looks nice

> The status file could be displayed via the koffice wegpage as well, so if
> someone is interested they know the exect status and history of a filter.

I think you are right.

So I have done a little testpage for that on my homepage with the local
copy of the koffice page
there is a new column "status" inside the table.
And I have done a test page for the applixword filter.
Look if it good for this purpose.
I think we should add any pics if we will get this file linked through webcvs
on the koffice page

http://home.nordwest.net/ebartels/koffice/index_neu.html

Thanks
Enno