List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Negative review of koffice..
From:       Donovan Rebbechi <elflord () panix ! com>
Date:       2000-04-19 12:11:20

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Marko Samastur wrote:

> The other problem is that right now, it doesn't work. Or at least in SO
> it doesn't. If I use an iso-8895-2 font for typing (which is the right
> one for slovenians like me), I get non-latin1 letters on the screen, but
> not on the paper.
> I admit I have no idea what exactly is going wrong, I'm just saying it's
> not so great as it might seem. I guess the only good way to deal with

You need to make sure that X is using the right encoding scheme for the
font. Try xlsfonts|grep -i fontname, and see if you've got a font called
-...-fontname-...-iso-8895-2. If not, there's your problem. On the other
hand, another possible problem is that you do have such a font, installed
into the X server with multiple encodings. In this case, you need to check
the star office config and make sure your printer <-> screen mappings are
right.

HTH
--
Donovan