List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Splitting of Parts
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-07-06 10:42:46

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Michael Koch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Mon, 05 Jul 1999 schrieb weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the solution is not to embed as usual at all. The idea
> > might be to tell KWord:
> >
> > Here is a dokument which needs N pages. So print it
> > as page M, M+1, .... M+N-1 and continue with your
> > stuff on page M+N. That works for printing.
> > For screen: Allow the user to switch between KWord stuff
> > and a view on the embedded Large-Dokument.
> >
> > Bye
> > torben
>
> Can we make this more general ? Your solution only works when the part takes
> the full width of the page. How should we do it, if the user has two or more
> columns over the whole document?Only one column shall contain the table. On
> the next page the table shall be in the same column and so on.

Then we can not help. The idea is very general: If a part needs more
space than the containing document has on the page then it is
printed on its own sheets of paper. More or less the same TeX
does with picures that dont fit where they should appear in the text.

One could create some strange page break stuff in KOffice but I fear
that would make KOffice components MUCH more complicated and the
reason is IMHO not worth that since my solution solves the problem
almost optimal with almost no complications.

Bye
Torben