List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice <-> kdebase
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-06-25 8:59:16

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm currently hacking KoHTML II and since it extensively uses the HTML
> > > viewing component from Konqueror it needs an installed konqueror
> > > (kdebase) in order to compile at least (because of konqueror.idl) .
> > >
> > > So I wonder whether it is ok for the KOffice package to depend on kdebase
> > > (like other packages like kdegraphics or kdenetwork) or whether I should
> > > add a copy of konqueror.idl to kohtml?
> > >
> > > The disadvantage of this would be that I have to keep the copy in kohtml
> > > always in sync with the original konqueror.idl in kdebase.
> > >
> > > Suggestions?
> >
> > No problem for me.
>
> Hmmm, forget the issue. I dropped the whole KoHTML project (although it
> was real fun using Konqueror components in another app :-) ) , because
> there's a better way to view/embed HTML in KOffice apps -> the nice html
> import filter in KWord.

Hmmmm ....

I think having something like KoHTML is nevertheless important.
For example you want to write an advertisement for some WWW page
or something like that. In this case you can embed the WWW page
as it appears on the screen. I dont think that KWord can
do all the fancy stuff that khtmlw can do with HTML.

bye
Torben