List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: MS office filters
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-06-07 19:23:04

Harri Porten wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I vaguely remember someone talking about writing a MS Word filter. Just
> curious: what kind of tool will you be using to extract the OLE storage
> data ? The Laola perl script, the cole library or did you write
> something on your own ?

Currently I'm preparing for an exam (on 17.6) and after that I'll
be on holidays with the pupils of my class (is it really "class"?)
for one week. Therefore I don't have much time now, but later we
should "meet" via private email and talk about that. I started
writing a very small framework which "emulates" the (currently)
broken CORBA stuff and does all the file handling.

I also had a look at MsWordView, which creates HTML output, but the
(plain C) code looks (at least) strange so I thought I'll write this
on my own...
AFAIK MsWordView does some OLE-magic, but I didn't look into it.

It would be cool to talk about this with anyone interested in writing
M$ Office filters to avoid duplicated work!

Werner

P.S. Maybe you can send me the specs you have (Excel, OLE 2.0,...?)