List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: RTL documents in Koffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-19 17:33:34

On Saturday 19. September 2009 19.01.14 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > KOffice does have such support already, could you be more specific of
> > what you are missing?
>
> All documents are opening as LTR documents (left aligned) and I see no
> options in Format  -> Page Layout / Paragraph to set RTL.

That sounds like a bug somewhere; RTL docs I have open just fine in kword.
Maybe you can report the issue on bugs.kde.org where you can attach a test-
document?

The way that RTL works in KOffice is that the option to change direction only
appears when the document is bidi.  So if you type hebrew when using LTR
machine. Or vice versa.
There is a known bug that this button doesn't appear on loading.  But if
your RTL paragraphs don't even right-align... thats odd.

Would love to see a simple test doc to see whats going on. Thanks!
--
Thomas Zander