List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Five requests
From:       Anthony Durity <anthony () showmethings ! org>
Date:       2000-12-15 10:08:34

Hi folks,

KDE 2 and KMail rock the house but I implore you to add these features...

1) Please explain in ten sentences or less why you have chosen to ignore the
way mutt, pine <I>and</I> netscape store nested mail folders?! Please give an
option in the next release to enable "mail folders as directories"
compatibility.

2) Automatically read fetchmail settings on startup. :-)

3) LDAP addressbook support.

4) All folders should have the same message list subject, sender, date and
size tab (is that the word?) settings (so you don't have to move and resize
them all for every folder).

5) Carriage returns indicated by little carriage return arrows (and option to
make them invisible) and lines longer than message body textbox should be
wrapped (in compose windows and view message pane).

If you fulfill my four wishes I swear that I shall never use another mail
client so long as i live :-)

Much thanks for a brilliant product, I can do a little c++ hacking so if you
tell me how to start hacking Kmail and how to send you patches then I can
maybe help you add these features?

Much regards, Anthony