List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Broken threading?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-14 16:11:16

On Sunday 14 September 2003 14:30, Till Adam wrote:

> Please update to head, as I've fixed a few issues with sorting lately. If
the
Well, it seems to be OK now, but I will give you my details:

> problem persists, do you sort by date or by order of arrival?
Date.

> Ascending or
> descending?
Ascending.

> Does clicking on a column header (resorting) fix it?
Temporary it fixed, until I switched to another folder and back.

> What kind of
> folder is this? Imap, maildir or mbox?
mbox

> This happens only with new mail?
No, it happened also with read mails.

> > Also there is some mess as after I disable threading, I can select the
> > threading by subject and if I enable threading, the threading by subject
> > menu is disabled...
>
> Apparently it's possible to get the two override settings to go out of sync,
> but I havent been able to consistently reproduce it.
I can reproduce in the following way:
- - check threading and threading by subject
- - uncheck threading: threading by subject is still enabled and you can change
it.
- - check threading: threading by subject is disabled

- From this point it's out of synch and the only way to solve the situation is
to switch to another folder and back. This will restore the correct menu.

> Do you have threading
> globally enabled or disabled?
Disabled.

> Till