List:       klyx
Subject:    Klyx crash solved...
From:       Oliver Schade <schade () outsource ! de>
Date:       1999-02-15 0:43:40

Hi again,

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Oliver Schade wrote:
> I compiled it today and it does not work correctly: when loading a
> document which has been created using klyx-0.9.8a with lots of
> eps-pictures, selecting Preview->DVI, is runs to a busy-waiting for
> latex which never stops:
[...]

Sorry for this. My Klyx crashed and the .lyx-file got corrupted. It has
been loaded by Klyx without any problems/warnings/hints, but Preview
crashed latex (entered interactive mode).

I exported to LaTeX, correcting the LaTeX-source using vi, used reLyX,
and ended with some smaller corrections. Now I have a working document
again...

It would be really fine to get *warnings* when loading a corrupted file
and to have some other file-format (what about XML?), which would be more
human-readable. This was some sort of shocking experience which I do
not like...

Ciao, Oliver
--
"Wenn sich eine Webseite meinem Browser und meinem Fenster nicht anpasst,
 ohne dass dies durch den dargestellten Inhalt entschuldigt ist, betrachte