List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: support for favicon.ico
From:       Keunwoo Lee <klee () cs ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2000-11-30 1:30:59

BTW a while back IE's favicon.ico support annoyed some people because it
allows websites to track the bookmarking behavior of users.  Sounds minor,
and yes these people are probably paranoid, but IMHO if this is
implemented, a user option to disable it should be a priority.

Also, I don't see why we should restrict this to .ico files, at least for
the second method.  We could rough in support for XPM and PNG, and later
add the .ico filter.

Granted, developer.kde.org might be the only website that would take
advantage of PNG icons :), but it's still worth a shot.  Why should people
writing pages for Konqueror have to get a Windows icon editor?

~k