List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: wake up duchainlock writers
From:       David Nolden <zwabel () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-14 19:50:21

Ok I've tried out the patch a bit, and this patch indeed makes the multi-cpu
usage better. It somewhat reduces the 'elapsed time' of parsing a project.
However it also increases the 'user time', which means that all in all, the
effort is higher. I cannot tell exactly what the reason of this is, but
probably QWaitCondition is just less efficient than a waiting loop.

Due to the central nature of the duchain lock, I'm actually thinking of
replacing all the mutexes in there with spin-locks, using QAtomicInt instead
of all the mutexes and wait conditions, to make the whole thing more
efficient.

Greetings, David