List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: some patches for discover.kde.org and an idea
From:       Sebastian Kuegler <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-15 19:24:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 15 May 2008 17:14:40 Ingo Malchow wrote:
> attached are some new patches for d.k.o.
> - create.php.diff fixes two typos
> - footer.php.diff fixes echoing a variable, in case it would be needed
> sometime in the future
> - css-kde.php.diff fixes a problem for local vhosts with bg images. and it
> also fixes the main content to be centered and preventing the horizontal
> scrollbars, as it needed only 10 px more.

Committed your patches, thanks!

> Another point is, i had the idea, that it would be a nice idea, if d.k.o
> could be ported to the capacity framework. There would be some benefits:

> - uniform all kde sites.
> - the template could be used by other sides as well (if they want).
> - d.k.o could use the nice features of capacity.

Do we really need those? The site is more like a one-off, kept simple and all.
From time to time we'll update the content (for example when KOffice comes).
It's also meant to be low maintenance. If you want to port it to Capacity,
that's fine, and I'll happily commit your patches (and will get you to apply
for an SVN account yourself). I'd rather concentrate on content and
presentation for now, not so much backend.

> So this is what i am currently working on. it is already nearly running
> like before on my system, i just need to adjust the use of css.php of
> capacity and the menusystem, but i wanted to let you know and discuss it.
> If that is not what you want, forget it.

Cheers,
--
sebas