Webmaster,

I got an e-mail from Trolltech this morning and this is what it said…

IMPORTANT - Qt 3 END OF LIFE STATUS

Trolltech will continue to support the Qt 3 series until July 1st 2007. At this time Qt 3 will reach end of life status and no further maintenance releases will be issued.  For more information on the Qt 3 life cycle and available Extended Lifetime Support, please visit http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/lifecyclestatement.

I would highly recommend posting this on the KDE website. Trolltech is saying that QT 3.3.8 could be the last of the maintenance releases for existing code/applications that are written against QT 3.

Hopefully the KDE 4 team is making very significant progress.

Thanks,
Andrwe