List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: startkde
From:       Steve <sellery () extremezone ! com>
Date:       2000-12-31 9:14:27

Kevin Paul wrote:

> Help! Running KDE2-2.0.1 on RH7.0.  After installing RP3 (since it's the
> only way I can run PPP no matter what permissions I set) my system starts
> Gnome by default.  I've done everything I can thing of to my Xclients file
> but the best I can do is get it to start TWM and I launch KDE from there.
> What is that d*mn file supposed to say?  TIA
> --
> Kevin Paul
>
> --
> Send posts to:  kde-user@lists.netcentral.net
>  Send all commands to:  kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net

had the same problem. and there is two ways I found to solve it. RH7 has the
script to start kde2, but the path is wrong in switchdesk. you need to
correct the path to kde in (switchdesk-helper and switchdesk, both should be
located in  /usr/bin. And the path in Xcliants.kde2 needs to be set the same
way (you could just delete all of the path statments and leave exec startkde
command). Or you could change the last line in the .Xcliants-default file to
read startkde instead of gnome-???, switchdesk will not work if this method
is used.