List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KPPP on  FreeBSD
From:       Tomas Furmonavicius <f1926 () kaunas ! aiva ! lt>
Date:       1999-11-21 20:29:34

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Oliver Immich wrote:

> I didn't expect that, but it did work for me -> FreeBSD 3.3, KDE 1.1.1
> without any problems.

I'm trying KPPP on FBSD3.3 too. I used the same settings as in
Linux , but pppd fails to connect to remote host.

Did you follow instructions in KPPP docs , or used some magic ;-)
which I don't know ?

> Anyway, I returned to USER PPP in a console, which is much
>more close to the system  than kppp.

User ppp is OK for me. I simply want to make transition from
Linux to FreeBSD easier for other users.

BTW pppd is closer to the system, as it needs support in the
kernel, and user ppp is , well, user ppp :-)

Tomas