List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: starting a second kde session?
From:       Brian Bennett <bbennett () ipass ! net>
Date:       1999-10-30 3:28:51

With caldera Linux, the first Xwindows session is actually started in session
number 8, so pressing ctrl-alt-F8 will get you to that session.
If you modify the /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file from:
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X  :0

to look like:
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X  :0
:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X  :1

and re-boot, you will then have two different logon screens, one with
ctrl-alt-F8, and one with ctrl-alt-F9.

Hope this helps
Brian Bennett.