List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: drag & drop from Netscape mail
From:       jedd <jedd () progsoc ! uts ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-07-30 23:22:41

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com wrote:
 ] Yeah - but isn't there a Qt based mozilla out there somewhere? Perhaps
 ] that could be leveraged, and then you'd have at least a part of
 ] netscape, and it would be on its way to working better with KDE. At the
 ] same time, GTK would help those GNOME people too.

 qtscape?  It was written in a month or so, I think, as a proof of concept,
 based on mozilla code from about 2 years ago.  It is particularly
 crufty, flakey, and several other pejoratives.  No one actually
 uses it (or used it?), AFAIK.  It was merely to prove a point.

 (Just in case anyone was getting excited. :)

 ] But on the other hand, KDE has its own web browser and mail client, so
 ] try to use and improve them rather than shoehorn something foreign (from
 ] KDE's perspective).

 If the web browser within kde handled hotmail, I'd be a lot happier.  And
 if it'd take plug-ins for a few of those annoying third-party thingies that
 everyone seems to use these days (obviously there's too much bandwidth
 out there), I'd be a smidge happier again.

 Jedd.

--
 jedd == jedd at progsoc dot uts dot edu dot au
 "Beware the advice of successful people;