List:       kde-user
Subject:    KDE preferences for remote X
From:       Steve <swilton () home ! com>
Date:       1999-04-28 14:19:03

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way of changing the KDE preferences,
such as colour depth, screen resolution, desktop wallpaper, etc. when
logging in remotely. The reason I ask is that I have a relatively
low-bandwidth connection at work, but I would still like to be able to
log in to my desktop via remote X. I am currently using VNC to make the
connection ('kde &' in xstartup), but the preferences that get used are
the same as when I log in from the console. If anyone knows how to do
this your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve