List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: kde1.1 pre2 on Redhat v5.2
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () cwix ! com>
Date:       1999-01-31 22:00:14

On 31-Jan-99 Stuart Swift wrote:
> The kdesupport package fails to install on my Redhat 5.2 system. It says it
> requires libgdbm.so.1. My system has libgdbm.so.2.
> Is it possible to set up symbolic links to allow it to install?
>
> Stuart Swift
dont fool with symbolic links...

If I am right in recognizing your problem.....

It probably really says that an older version (KDE-1.0) of kdenetwork
which is on your system refuses to let you install the new kdesupport,
because removing the older kdesupport would deprive it of of its beloved
libgdbm.so.1   (which is old)

nuke the KDE-1.0 installation with rpm -e, THEN install the new one.

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@cwix.com>
Date: 31-Jan-99
Time: 16:53:49

This message was sent by XFMail