List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: A version 1.0 ?  where???
From:       Ervins Gailiss <ervins () latnet ! lv>
Date:       1998-06-29 12:32:49

> You can find KDE pre release 1 ver 1.0 at any kde mirror site such as
> ftp.funet.fi.
	OK. I admit it. Yes, there is distribution directory at the
ftp.funet.fi (maybe other mirrors too. I didn't check), but I have not so
good experience with mirrors... Particulary ftp.funet.fi. 1st. Ususally
files appear few days later (even week). 2nd. (and most important) as in
case of beta4, some were corruped. So I anyway have to get them from
original site.

And one more question.... to KDE developers. the fact that on ftp.kde.org
there is no distribution directory. is it intensionally? Maybe some of the
files are updated at this time? Some late changes? Or is it distribution
policy? I mean put them on the server, allow mirrors to download it and
then tale the distribution off, just to offload the server?

> I have only one question: is still needed the QT library (ver.
1.33 or > higher) or not?
	99% Yes. I don't think that Pre1 is much changed from beta4 except
bugfixes and some improvements.

> Has everyone already installed the pre release version?
	I'll try as soon as possible.

Ervin