List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: HELP! KFM in super user mode
From:       "Bruce J. Carter" <bjcarter () gte ! net>
Date:       1998-06-28 20:30:52

Hi Ivo,

On 28-Jun-98 Ivo Naninck wrote:
> Hi,
>>
>> I think it might be the shell you are using for root, and or yourself.
>> just tried it with csh, and got 'export: Command not found'
>>
>> export is a sh/bash type builtin much the same as setenv for csh. kfmsu
>> is
>> a shell script of a sort, but without the begining line of something
>> along
>> the lines of #!/bin/sh at the beinging of the file. It tells the system
>> use the bash or bourne shell. Try that it will probably fix your
>> problem.
>> If not let me know and we will work through this thing.
>>
> First I have put #!/bin/sh in kfmsu2 on the first line -> no good.
> Then I also put it on the first line of kfmsu -> no good.
> I'm stuck...

Ok next tack, let's try changing your shell to /bin/sh, you can do this
with the control-panel, or editing your /etc/passwd file. This will change
the shell you are used to, but this may have to be done for debugging
purposes. Also when you said you added the line #!/bin/sh to the kfm and
kfmsu files, did you do it to both of them so that the line was in both
files at the same time or just one at a time?

Hope this helps and gives us more information to work with. I am still
convinced it is a shell problem. The kfm file has the offending line in
it. It should probably test to see what shell it is being used before
executing and then do the right thing based on the shell the user is using.

Cheers,

Bruce...

E-Mail: Bruce J. Carter <bjcarter@gte.net>
Date: 28-Jun-98