List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Still having problem whit .xinitrc
From:       Gregor Zumstein <zumste98 () cui ! unige ! ch>
Date:       1998-06-29 14:13:23

Rainer Finocchiaro wrote:

> Hi Johan,
> you seem to have one of the following problems:
>
> 1. your PATH is not set correctly
This is most probably true, so set the path in your profile, absolute
path or a petty, as the may change very fast (opt/kde or
usr/local/kde...) and that won't help you to run the other progs of kde
(quit a lot now). So do edit your /etc/profile and add following
statement to your path:

PATH=$PATH;/opt/kde/bin

or whereever you've put the kde-file.
You also should set the following env. vars if you haven't done it yet:
KDEDIR=/opt/kde
QTDIR =/usr/local/qt

or whereever these files are located.

Hope that helps