List:       kde-user
Subject:    kppp problem
From:       Michael Atkin <mikea () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1998-05-31 22:18:33

I've got a problem with kppp (v 1.1.1) that doesn't appear to be mentioned in
the faq, archives or the buglist.  When logging on, kppp transmits my username
and password incorrectly.  I have checked and double checked the contents of the
user and password fields and my ppp options file is completely empty.  I am
using the default modem commands and the following script:

Expect ogin:
ID
Expect assword:
Password

By viewing the log in using the terminal viewer it would appear that kppp is not
transmitting the first two letters of my username and appending some
non-printing character (possibly linefeed or carriage return) to the end of the
string which causes the script to completely skip the password prompt..  This
results in the inevitable "The pppd daemon died unexpectedly." dialog.

Anybody got any ideas??

I've recompiled the program from source with no result.  I haven't tried the
latest snapshot version yet as it seems to involve an upgrade to possibly
unstable kdelibs.

TIA

Mike
<mikea@bigfoot.com>