List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kdebase configure: unknown STL type
From:       Me Again <mark () wheely ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1998-05-29 23:08:36

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Clevinger wrote:
>hi there,
>
>some new item in the kdebase configure-routine from 05/29 stops the
>configuration with the error "no known STL type found". i don't have a clue what
>STL is! since configuration and compilation of the 05/27 snaps worked smoothly,
>i assume that this is a new subroutine. any suggestions what the error means and
>how to remedy it?
>
>clevinger

HI,

I have no idea what this is either, however I found it in 05/29 snapshot and got
it to compile by adding the following line to the top of /usr/include/g++/list.h
after the comments.

#define __HP_STL_LIST_H

Don't know if this is a good idea though.

However, having compiled kdelibs, kdebase I find that kfm no longer works though
this may be becuase I didn't install the snapshot of kdesupport or possibly
kdenetworks.  I don't really know.  In any case compiling kdenetworks gave me

decoderDlg.o: In function `QListT<KToolBarItem>::deleteItem(void *)':
decoderDlg.o(.text+0x9e2): undefined reference to `KToolBarItem::~KToolBarItem(void)'
/usr/local/kde/lib/libkfile.so: undefined reference to `KFM::KFM(void)'
/usr/local/kde/lib/libkfile.so: undefined reference to `KFM::list(char const *)'
make[2]: *** [kdecode] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr2/mark/linuxprogs/kdesnapshots/kdenetwork/krn'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr2/mark/linuxprogs/kdesnapshots/kdenetwork'

Backed out back to KDE Beta4.

I am running Red Hat 4.1

Regards all

Mark