List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KPPP died in 980328
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1998-03-30 11:52:54

Kevin Forge wrote:

> I did my usual full install of the new Snapshots and KPPP doesn't
> work.  it comes up and complains that editor U ( the U has 2 little
> checkmarks above it ) wasn't found using kedit for logview instead.
> then it displays the list of accounts and they are all gibberish.
> By gibberish I mean a random arrangement of special characters.
> The worst of it is that it's not the KPPP executable that's
> at fault.  I reinstalled the last snapshot of KPPP that I had
> working ok ( 980322 ) and same problem.  what do I do :)

Your kppp config file seems to be corrupted. Take a look at
~/.kde/share/config/kppprc to see if anything can be saved. If not, you
should delete this file and set up your accounts from scratch :(

kppp's config data has been kept compatible with previous versions for
several month now, so upgrading shouldn't cause any problems. On the
other hand, I feel slightly guilty, since it was *me* who did some minor
changes to kppp during the time period you mentioned above. Please reply
to me personally if you can reproduce a data corruption when upgrading
from 980322 to a current version.

Harri.