List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use of library names (Akonadi, Solid, Nepomuk,
From:       "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-07 19:32:09

2008/6/7 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc.listas@aliax.net>:
> El Sábado, 7 de Junio de 2008, Anne Wilson escribió:
>
>> What's wrong with PIM?  Anyone who has been awake in the last 20 years has
>> heard of that.
>
> Really? remember not all the world speak English.
> I can sure you that common users in Spain have no idea of what "PIM" means.

Nor do Hebrew speakers. But PIM is recognizable as an acronym, and a
TLA is easier to remember than a nonsense word. No offense to he who
coined the term Akonadi, however, for end users it has no meaning.

Additionally, the term PIM lends itself to literal translation,
whereas Akonadi does not (having no literal meaning).

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן- -ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?