List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use of library names (Akonadi, Solid, Nepomuk,
From:       Iñaki_Baz_Castillo <ibc.listas () aliax ! net>
Date:       2008-06-07 17:06:42

El Sábado, 7 de Junio de 2008, Albert Astals Cid escribió:

> That's why we have to communicate that branding to end users. Microsoft did
> a good work here and lots of users think "Internet Explorer" is the only
> way to get to the internet.

By my experience listening to end users problems, I can confirm that **many**
users using Windows and IE don't know that IE is a program.

If you ask them "please, open the web browser" they don't understand what you
mean.
If you ask them "please, open Internet Explorer" they don't know what IE is.
Then you ask them "please, click the fucking blue "e" icon in the desktop".

In my opinion, common users are not idiot... in their ocupation, but they are
completely idiot when using a computer.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo