List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: bikeshedding by a list veteran
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-15 1:28:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 15:58, Gábor Lehel wrote:
> Is it a place for educating people about usability?
>
> By educating I mean, explaining to people why their drive-by
> suggestions and first impulses are wrong, and how they can come up
> with better solutions in the future.

in addition to celeste's comment i'd add that some of us have done this for
extended periods of time. the biggest blocker is that people are usually not
very interested in learning but more interested in defending their
suggestions =)

i think it would be great if people could hang out on the list and learn, but
that requires both mentors and learners. not to mention limiting people who
just add to the noise (frustrating for both mentors and learners)

--
Aaron J. Seigo