List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDefault font
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2004-05-13 17:10:13

Dnia środa, 12 maja 2004 19:52, Jamethiel Knorth napisał:
> On a side note, I was looking into fonts a bit ago and have worked
> with
> them a very little. I think I'm going to try to make a sans-serif KDE
> font, and hopefully we can use that. I'll do the outlines and get some
> help from a friend for the programming. You shouldn't expect anything
> from this for another bunch of months, probably, but I thought I'd
> mention. I'm thinking about somewhat modeling my work after Arial,
> Helvetica, Bitstream Vera Sans, and possibly Verdana. If anyone knows any
> truly GPLed fonts that I can check out for examples, that would be great.
>
> Wish me luck, as this looks like quite an undertaking.

You can try qfonts.

% =========================================================================
The QFONTS are based on URW++ fonts distributed with the Ghostscript
program.
They are copyrighted but free according to the conditions of the GNU
General Public License, version 2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt).

They are TeX fonts, not designed for onscreen display but high quality.

Available on CTAN and TeXLive.

Contact to authors:
JNSteam@GUST.org.pl

m.