List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Trash, Delete, Shred
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-29 18:01:42

Thank you all for the comments. I think I have a much clearer idea of
what people want now. There is just one thing still bugging me. At
present my plan is that doing a "force delete" or "force trash" will
always show a confirmation if this is not your default action. The
reasoning: if you accidentally or unknowingly hit shift + DEL instead of
DEL, you don't want to have an unconfirmed delete, when normally you
have just an unconfirmed trash.

The downside to this is that it will look as though the system is
ignoring user preferences. So should I:
(1) just go ahead and use the confirm_delete default?
(2) keep separate confirmation settings for trash and delete?

Dave