List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Trash, Delete, Shred
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-28 23:05:40

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 15:15, Jan Schumacher wrote:

> I understand that large menus might be cumbersome, but I personally was
> confused, when the shred action was removed from the context menu. I thought
> it had been removed from konqueror and only found its shortcut by accident.

well, it sounds as if this action can't really do what it claims. (does
someone want to elaborate on this?) if so, then maybe we should really
remove it completely.

> Perhaps you could change the name of the menuitem depending on the
> configuration? That way "Delete" will mean delete, and "Shred" will mean
> shred, rather than different things depending on configuration.

yes - we are definitely going to have the right word displayed depending
on the configuration. (Whether actual "Kactions" are kept separate or
merged is an implementation detail.)