List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Trash, Delete, Shred
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-28 11:43:56

Hmm. I think we are approaching the point at which, in Havoc
Pennington's phrase, the UI begins to resemble a programming language.

It sounds like your underlying problem is needing space. Now for that,
what we want is for the trash to offer to delete files as soon as it
hits a certain quota. I guess for that we need to be able to attach
behaviors to the trash itself - is that possible? A kludge solution
would be to check every time the Konqueror's "trash" action is called.
That obviously doesn't deal with files that get into the trash in some
other way... but too bad.

(On a similar note, we probably want the "delete" in the file open
dialog to respect the same settings as Konqueror... I haven't looked
into this.)

Dave